Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Henry's Birthday Letter

July 15, 2017

Happy Birthday Henry! 

This year on your birthday, I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to start a new tradition where each year on your birthday, I write you a letter that reminds you of how dearly loved and special you are. 

I am so incredibly grateful that God allowed me to be your mother eight years ago and am daily reminded of the gift that you are to your entire family. As you know from your birth story that I have told you many times (and will continue to do every birthday), you came out with your fist clinched and raise high in victory by your head. It is how we came to name you Lawrence as a middle name. Since birth, your tight fist represents more than a focused boy on legos, although that is certainly true. I have seen in this last year a fight for what is right. You are making wise decisions about friends, school, work, siblings, and home life. I am noticing a determination to stick with something even if it is hard because it is the right thing to do. This is a gift from the Lord that I pray in your 8th year you could continue to cultivate. God sets people apart who are willing to stand up for what is right, be an example to others of His righteousness, and pursue what God values. I see those qualities in you and am very proud. 

Not only are you making wise decisions but you are simply a joy to be around. I have seen you grow in your compassion for others. I love when you ask me about my day or how something turned out that I did. You listen to your little brothers’ stories, pick up Lindley when she falls, and watch magic videos with Dad. You bring a calmness and a peace to our family that I love. I especially notice that at night when I get to stay up and “talk” with you. It is a special time that I hope we can continue much more in this next year. 

I love you so much Henry and hope you have a wonderful 8th birthday! I am so honored to be your mama. 


Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment