Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Happy Birthday Callaway

Happy Birthday Callaway,

On this day, 6 years ago, we welcomed you quickly into this world and into my arms. Although you were a few days past your due date, your love of life was already so evident as you came barreling into this world. It was a gorgeous fall day with leave sweeping in the wind as I contracted all the way into the second floor of St. Francis hospital. I was ready, excited, and knew it was all going to be worth it. You have certainly been worth every ounce of effort that motherhood entails. In fact, I know how perfectly you were meant to be a part of this family and how you stretch and grow me into a more lively person.  In this last year I have seen such growth and maturity in you without losing your joy of life and silliness that makes those around you so happy.
It has long been said that it is not what you say to someone that they remember but how you make them feel. One of my favorite things about you is how you make others feel. When you sprint to hug William, when you jump up and down when you see Matthis, when you hold Nonnie’s hand on outings, or when you greet me with a big hug. You make those around you feel loved, welcomed, and valued. That is a gift from the Lord that I hope you always exude. It shows others that their life matters, they are special, and they have something to offer.
I also love how you are always up for an adventure and activity like baking, coloring, crafting, building a fort, reading, or writing! You see life as one fun thing after another and can even make emptying the dishwasher fun. The reason it ends up being so fun is that you include others in your life. I’ve seen you include Lindley is the dishwasher, Mills in the games you play on the trampoline, me in the baking, and Henry and Dad in your crafts. You are a “with you” person that genuinely enjoys the company of others. My dad, your Daddoc, was just like that and I love that I always have you to remind me of his companionship that I miss so much.
Sweet Callaway, I am so proud to call you my son. I pray that over the years, God will continue to reveal himself to you and you will hear his voice and respond. He loves you so much and I am so grateful I get to enjoy life with you. May you continue to see others and opportunities through His eyes with such excitement, life, and joy. I love you Callaway! Happy 6th Birthday!

Love, Mom

11.2.17

No comments:

Post a Comment