Saturday, April 24, 2010

Welcome to MY home! June 5, 2006

“Miss Taylor, look, I want to show you my home!” Tania explained as I arrived at Moseby Projects in Church Hill for the first time. As the other college intern, Percy, and I came to pick up students to attend CHAT for the afternoon, I was given a quick tour of the E building of Moseby Court. The beige colored door of the main building was opened for me by Tamia and Bobbi. The hallway was also painted beige with beige stairs leading to the second floor. The lighting was poor and there were few windows offering fresh air. Immediately to the right was Apartment D, Tamia’s “house,” as she described it. The doors were the same color as the walls and stairs with a simple, small metal letter deeming which apartment is which. Tamia wanted to show me the inside but due to the time restraint I was given a Vanna White display of her front door entrance. As her hands opened wider, presenting the door in perfect form, a large grin formed on her chubby face. She was so proud of this “house.” Bobbi did the same thing upstairs in her home, Apartment G.

No comments:

Post a Comment